Have you ever been the nicest, most helpful person THEN felt resentful for not being appreciated THEN wanted to give up? If so, you’ve gone round a well known pattern. Some people go round and round it their whole lives.
It’s called the “drama triangle”. This video will help you
- Recognise it when it happens (you’ll start to see it everywhere!)
- See when help can be counterproductive and keep everyone stuck
- Identify the opposite empowering roles to get from
- rescuing to coaching
- persecuting to challenging and
- feeling like a victim to creating what you want
If you’d like more on this, have a look at my Assertiveness from the Inside Out programme starting on Monday to improve your thinking, courage and assertiveness skills, particularly if they don’t come naturally to you.